Do Your Own Dip Powder Nails At Home!
You'll never go back to the salon once you see what's possible with your own DIY Dip Manicure kit!
There are a few things you'll need to start dipping your nails at home.
First, you'll need our handy Step-By-Step Tutorial that you can download below. ;)
While you wait for your email to arrive, here's a shopping list of everything you'll need to get started!
Dip Powder Essentials
- One of our liquid kits (We recommend the All-In Liquid kit)
- A set of buffers (You can also buy the buffers and files individually - white blocks, mini buffers, and crescent files)
- A Dip Powder or Glitter Dip Powder of your choice - we recommend starting with a lighter colour, preferably with a shimmer or fine glitter - they're a bit more forgiving when you're learning!
- We also recommend getting yourself some 100% acetone - you'll need it for removal. You can get it from beauty stores, or Bunnings.
There are some not-quite-as-essential (but still very handy) dip powder manicure tools that you'll probably end up getting at some point, but strictly speaking you 'can' do without.
Optional extras that you'll appreciate for best results from the start:
- Dusting Brush - to remove excess powder for a smooth finish, and to help avoid contaminating your liquids with loose powder. (This is actually an essential, but you can use something from your make-up cupboard in a pinch. I like ours because it's super soft, and doesn't lose any hairs!)
- Glass Cuticle Pusher - this will give your mani staying power and help with neat edges. Quite honestly, this is a game changer. ;)
- Pipettes - these are great for a smooth application. Many of our clients prefer to pour over the powder rather than dipping.
- Dotting tools - these are great for cleaning up your cuticles after each dip.
- Clear Dip Powder - you'll use this a LOT. It's an essential if you're using any kind of glitter, and super useful to add strength to your dip powder manicure.
As you get started, you're definitely going to have questions and we'd love to support you! Please join us inside our Facebook community so we can guide you as you're starting out - we can't wait to see your first DIY Dip Powder manicure, and help you shorten the learning curve as much as possible!